Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sliding Barn Door

I'm sure you have all seen these wonderful sliding barn doors.We have two spaces in our home where a pocket door would have been a great idea, but due to the plumbing a pocket door just wouldn't work.  As I search for a solutions, I came across these wonderful options.
Not only will this help with the door opening into the small bathroom, but it will be such a focal point at the top of the stairs.  We are adding the first one to the kids bathroom at the top of the landing.
I talked with our handyman who has been switching out the doors to the bedrooms and he just wasn't interested in building it for me.  That hasn't stopped me, I have wanted this door for three years.
I drew up a plan and bought the wood.  I will start building this door next week.  I have been researching the sliding barn door harware on line.  I will share my project and links on where to find the hardware.  More to come on this...



No comments:

Post a Comment